About the Book
Mergers and Acquisitions have increasingly become an important part of the corporate strategy of many companies. M&A, of late, has redefined the way we look at business and conduct business. It has reshaped the landscape of business to an extent that every corporate strategy is intricately interwoven with certain M&A activity. This clearly signifies the importance of the knowledge pertaining to strategizing and leveraging Mergers and Acquisitions field in the corporate.
This book is an honest attempt to capture the entire spectrum of M&A activity and share the contours of the implementation process. The book entails broad insights on core concepts of Mergers and Acquisitions involving tax implications and regulatory aspects for each of the concept. The book begins with the introduction to Mergers and Acquisitions and goes on with detailed discussions on Cross Border Merger, Demerger, Slump Sale, Capital Reduction, Buy Back of shares and Accounting for Business Combinations describing all the necessary aspects. The book would assist professionals with respect to nuances of corporate restructuring and how to analyze, design and implement M&A deals.
Key Features of the book
- Covering conceptual framework of Mergers and Acquisitions and Corporate Restructuring.
- Provides broad insights on corporate & income tax laws, regulatory and stamp duty implications.
- Covering detailed analysis of various tax implications on important issues like, capital gains, tax incentives, allowance of depreciation, along with accounting treatment for better understanding.
- Covering key reflections on cross border mergers and acquisition deals.
- Exhibit content in a structured manner accompanied by checklists, step-charts and sample schemes.
- Includes landmark judgements on contentious issues for better understanding of merger and acquisition laws.