Organisations mobilise their human resources across boundaries as they conduct business across borders. Workforce mobility is a huge challenge that necessitates careful preparation from multiple angles. Furthermore, in addition to planning, certain compliances as mandated by various regulations must also be met. Issues commonly encountered by multinationals in human resource mobility, multinational firms typically face the following challenges when assigning their expatriate staff around the world:
- What laws to be complied with in the host country and how such laws will be complied with?
- What will be the cost to the company on account of employee mobilisation, how can such cost be optimised?
- • What will be the tax implications on account of expatriate assignment both to the companies as well as the expatriates?
- Whether there will be any PE risks on employee assignment, including deciding on who will be the ‘economic employer’ and if yes, how these can be dealt with?
- Whether any exemptions under tax treaties be claimed?
- Does economic employer have to comply with social security contributions?
Our team of experts assist clients in mobilisation of its human resource, by developing unique solutions customised to the needs of the clients in an efficient and law compliant manner.
We provide a broad spectrum of services for assistance in all necessary compliances for the employer as well as the expatriate employees. An illustrative list of our services is as under: -