Tax & Regulatory Newsletter – August, 2019 Edition
We are pleased to attach herewith the Tax & Regulatory Newsletter – August, 2019 Edition highlighting major recent tax and regulatory developments.
Inside this issue…
- Amounts paid to France entity towards reimbursement of salary cost and consideration for technical and managerial services, not Royalty or FTS
- Income earned through rendition of cloud hosting services not taxable as ‘royalty’ in India
- ITAT: Equity Oriented MF units, not ‘shares’; STCG not taxable under India-UAE Treaty
- High court upholds the ITAT decision asserting share application money cannot be treated as loan despite delay in allotment of shares
- Assessment Order issued on a non-existent entity (Pursuant to amalgamation) is void ab initio and such defect is not curable
- Changes in Company Law
- Changes in FEMA
- Key Highlights of 36th GST Council Meeting
- Applicability of Kerala Flood Cess w.e.f. 1 August 2019
- Direct Tax
We trust that you will find it interesting and informative.