- Bachelor’s (Commerce - Accounting)
- FCA (merit list)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
- Institute of Company Secretaries of India
Areas of specialization
- International Tax, Corporate income tax and fiscal regulations, India inbound entry advisory (organic & inorganic)
- Financial services tax and regulation, focus on NBFC and fintech
- Tax policy advocacy incl alternate dispute resolution
- Promotor and family business solutions
- Deals assistance, valuation and diligence
Aravind is a tax leader and leads the tax practice of Nangia Andersen India Pvt Ltd. Aravind is also the lead partner for international tax in India within Andersen Global Network.
Aravind was a partner since 2010 with KPMG and PwC and has prior working experience in Arthur Andersen. Aravind has over 20 years of experience with assisting clients navigate mega trends while doing business in India and being hands on with commercial issues connected to doing business.
Arvind possesses international tax, financial services and tax policy experience, and has worked across north and south India. Aravind’s experience enables him to serve clients across the spectrum – from manufacturing to services – with relevant tax and regulatory solutions. In addition, he has knowledge about application of FS regulations and best-in-class business practices (aspects which deal with public and private fundraise), which allows him to have expanded conversations with C-suite executives and members of the Board. As part of this experience, Aravind also works on advocacy initiatives and dispute resolution mechanisms, which include consultation with the senior officials in the CBDT.
Aravind currently chairs the Direct Tax Committee of Madras Chamber of Commerce & Industry and is a member of Bombay Chartered Accountants’ Society’s Tax Technology committee.
In the past Aravind had conducted several investment roadshows, world bank surveys on improving India’s’ ease of doing business, had partnered with Govt. of Tamil Nadu for running the Global Investor Meet (GIM), 2014 and made several representations on behalf of Amcham members committees, FICCI taxation committee.