- Madras University, Bachelors (English Literature)
- Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, India (PG Diploma in Communication Management)
- Diploma in Network centered computing – NIIT, India
- Certificate in Forensic Accounting & Fraud Investigation- West Virginia University, USA
- Certificate in Electronic Discovery – Kroll Ontrack USA
- Certified Digital Forensic Examiner – Mile2 USA
- Certified Mobilize Operator – Black Bag Technologies USA
Areas of specialization
- Digital Forensics & Electronic Discovery
- Fraud Investigations
- Litigation Support
Barath Rajagopalan is an Executive Director in Nangia Andersen LLP. He has been in the fraud detection & litigation Support industry since 2002. He brings in an extensive business understanding of various industry segments. He has handled more than 2000 plus cases across multiple industries and geographies in the last five years.
His specific expertise includes, interpreting the business and technical aspects to executable tasks which helps in mapping the grey areas and finding the black spots adopted in the fraud investigation.
He has broad based understanding of multiple technologies including Microsoft, Open source and newer technologies including the cloud-based solutions and social media investigation.
He has testified in international and Indian courts on the methodology adopted in data aggregation from databases other media sources including servers, stand alone PC’s and mobile devices.
He has been associated in Tax Investigation cases on behalf of the Income Tax and Sales tax departments since 2011. He is a member of various international organizations such as ACFCS , Hitech Crime organization , Charted institute of arbitrators and Association of certified Electronic Discovery Specialists.