- Bachelor of Commerce, Mumbai
- Associate Chartered Account, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
- Member of Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE)
- 1st year of Bachelor of Law (LLB), Mumbai
- Certified for Emerging Leaders residential course from Indian School of Business (ISB), Hyderabad
Areas of specialization
- Fraud investigation and fraud prevention
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption- Compliance, Due diligence, Investigations, Framework, Policies and Awareness
- Insider Trading prevention and investigations
- Digital Forensic and Forensic Data Analytics
- Forensic audit and Transaction audit under IBC 2016
Kaushal is a Partner for Forensic services at Nangia Andersen LLP, Mumbai. He has more than 17 years of domestic and international experience of working with EY and KPMG across statutory audits, mergers & acquisitions and risk consulting areas. He has assisted clients across sectors to implement enhanced levels of corporate governance standards balanced with business goals. He has the capability to formulate and implement tactical initiatives and advise Board of Directors and senior management with practical ways to prevent, detect and respond to fraud situations, disputes, misconduct or non-compliance.
He is experienced in leading large fraud investigations, management audits, addressing matters related to ethics & integrity and regulatory non-compliances. He led more than 300 complex forensic engagements pertaining to investigations, arbitration, digital forensic, data analytics, fraud risk assessments, insider trading prevention, integrity due intelligence, forensic audits, transaction audit, FCPA due diligence, pre and post acquisition forensic services, etc.. He has assisted large group of companies to defend themselves from anticipated regulatory actions due to employee misconduct or non-compliance of law.
He has helped organizations in setting up fraud intelligence units using forensic data analytics and technology driven solutions. Some of the key issues investigated include bribery and corruption, conflict of interest, sexual harassment, data/IP theft, diversion of funds, third-party frauds, marketing and distribution frauds, capex frauds, money laundering and senior management exits.
Kaushal has been a speaker on various occasions on topics related to fraud and misconduct, ethics, integrity and regulatory changes. He has conducted ‘ethical dilemma’ and train the trainer workshops for senior management. He was a registered faculty for Forensic Accounting and Fraud Prevention Course of ICAI. He has authored multiple whitepapers/ point of views on various topics including ‘Prevention of Insider Trading’, ‘Code of Conduct’, ‘Trends of Fraud during Covid 19’ amongst others.