Assistant Manager / Manager – GST (Litigation)
Roles & Requirements
- GST Compliance: Ensure the organization’s adherence to GST laws, regulations, and filing requirements, including GST returns, invoices, and input tax credit reconciliation.
- GST Litigation Management: Handle all aspects of GST-related litigation, including preparing and filing responses to notices, appeals, and petitions. Represent the organization in various GST tribunals, appellate authorities, and courts.
- Legal Research: Stay updated with changes in GST laws and regulations and conduct thorough research on case laws to provide timely and accurate legal advice.
- Dispute Resolution: Develop strategies to resolve GST disputes efficiently and cost-effectively. Negotiate settlements when possible and escalate to litigation when necessary.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of all GST-related documents, correspondences, and legal proceedings.
- Compliance Audits: Conduct periodic internal audits to ensure GST compliance and identify potential areas of concern or improvement.
- Advisory Services: Provide legal counsel and advisory support to various departments within the organization to ensure GST compliance in their day-to-day operations.
- Team Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, accounting, and tax departments, to ensure alignment with GST-related strategies and initiatives.
- Vendor and External Stakeholder Management: Liaise with external legal counsel, GST consultants, and government authorities as necessary to represent the organization’s interests.
- Qualified CA.
- Should have 3-6 Years of relevant experience.
- Strong knowledge of GST laws, rules, and regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical mindset with strong problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple cases simultaneously.
- Proficiency in legal research and document drafting.